Monday, October 4, 2010

Profiler of the Week.

Hard Work Counts

Name: Lawrence Boe
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Course: MBBS 5 (Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery)
Career: Doctor.
Future: Internal Medicine.

“Halo folks, friends na wantoks. It is an honor for me to share with you a little about myself. I come all the way from the island of Maewo in Vanuatu, and I grew up much in the capital Port Vila.  I was privileged to have such a loving and caring family that has always supported me in achieving a quality education. The primary school I went to was Central Primary, and from there I went on for secondary education at Malapoa College. As I grew up I realized life was getting harder and harder. I had more worries and more problems to face. It was at Malapoa College I learnt that to succeed in life you have to work hard. If I wasn’t doing well in school, I wasn’t trying hard enough.  So whatever issues I was facing I stood up against them. Today, here I am at Fiji School of Medicine looking back in retrospect, I thank our Father in Heaven for giving my life a meaning. All that you and I have achieved was not mistake. We should thank ourselves for we have made it this far. Thank ourselves because we make our families proud of whom we are. Hopefully I will graduate next year but I know when I do get that ‘paper’ it will only be the beginning of a life I have in front of me. We all have much to say and much to do so my only message is that with hard work comes great success. Where ever you are in the world; in Fiji, PNG, Phillipines, Vanuatu or Cuba I wish you all the best in life and keep working hard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment