Saturday, November 20, 2010

Farewell 2010.

Last Saturday October the 16th was the Fiji Vanuatu-Medical-Students Association (VMSA) farewell function. It was a time for us to firstly, celebrate the association’s achievements for this year and secondly to wish the leaving students the best in their career.
This year’s functions and activities all turned out to be great success. With the association having only 30 members, the executive body had managed to fully carry out its responsibilities. The executive body was headed this year by the President Ricky Boe Mera (MBBS-5) and by great means was able to balance VMSA matters and his school work. The Vice President, Nilani Tari (MBBS-2), summarized the activities for this year at the formal hour of the farewell function. To recollect, the activities she mentioned were one fundraising, 2 get-together (Easter and semester break), and several of meetings.  Also the cultural night, which was an awesome night of ‘stage-ironing’; we had the opportunity to show case a warrior dance from Futuna and combining it with the Tanna dance. And we gave the audience a superb performance of a cross-cultural item comprising typical Caldonie, Hip Hop and Zouk, (several of the crowd ‘chippin’ off their chairs). Everyone (boys and girls) gave their time and dedication for practice and that lead to the good performance.
The association was enlightened on the news of the newly elected President of the Fiji School of Medicine Students Association, Sale Vurobaravu. Congratulations to him again on his second reign, and the association as a whole honored to have one of its members responsible for the students’ governing body. We were looking forward to our exams and holidays but thanks to you Mr. President now we look forward to next year!
The above mentioned candidate is also (the surrogate) Chairman of the Vanuatu Community Project.  This project had been the main topic of our agendas in several meetings since the ‘ice-age’ and hopefully we’ll have initiated a pilot project by the end of this year at Eton Village. Once covered, the project will be executed (by all Vanuatu medical students) yearly in different communities and to greater heights.
Anyways (come back to the function). The main guest speakers of that night were Dr. Trevor and Dr. Tony. They’ve always warned us, saying our study is our priority before alcohol and Oreilly’s night club (Hmmm). We were again fortunate to have Brother Knox stand up and give his speech. He had been a great leader throughout this year and showed a lot of support for the association and its activities. And the young tax collector of the association Albert Tokoune (an important member of the FSM CF), expresses his gratitude for Ni-Vanuatu students. Everyone was looking forward to a great night with the feast and kava.
In the final moments of the function, the continuing students (to not embrace too much on the things that have yet to come) sat back, presented gifts and (sadly) pay respect to the leaving students. We were fortunate to have about 12 leaving students: Dr. Tony (Masters in O & G), Dr. Trevor (Masters in Surgery), Walesi and Roderick our two MBBS-6. Also, three field workers in Community Disability: Abraham Pallen, Knox Morris and Marinet T. Two other nurses doing postgrad diploma in Ophthalmology whom are Eddie and Monica. And the last three Marienne, Chevy and Jean-Pierre the three nurses doing a half-semester course in Reproductive Health. We know the Ministry of Health will not overlook the exquisite skills you have acquired to make Vanuatu a better place. That was what you came here for and now achieved. As the President of the association said ‘we wish you all the best in your careers’ (wana navu!).
May God be with us all in our exams and in all that we do. Keep the faith Ni-Vans!

1 comment:


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete